Sunday, January 5, 2014

Introducing Flouster

I have started a new business venture.  I call it Flouster.  What is Flouster? It is a business for me to sell my personal, original creations as well as an agency to sell the handmade goods of others.  There are lots of high quality goods made by ordinary people.  Most of them do it just for fun.  They have a gift, but it's just a hobby.  I mean, who has time to do all the advertising, promoting, photography and shows in order to sell them?  That's where I come in.
I currently own a retail store.  Pet products, mostly dogs. I don't even own a dog. (I do have two cats, and I do love them, but I am certainly not a crazy cat lady who spends all her time and money on them.)  Why am I working at a place that has absolutely no correlation to my interests? And then going home exhausted to the point where I can't even do the things I DO enjoy - to create!

Ahh... to create.  I love making one-of-a-kind items (A bag made from a combination of my favourite fabrics).  And when one simply cannot find the exact thing one wants in a store, I make it (flannel pajama bottoms with elastic cuffs, or an "ugly" Christmas apron for my mom).
My mother also loves to create.  She is an avid knitter.  She designs her own sock patterns.  My friend Katie makes beautiful beaded bracelets, of which I have about eight or nine.  My father in law makes gorgeous bird houses.  I could go on... But you will probably see many of these things on my etsy sight.  They do it for fun.  I do the rest so they can afford to keep creating! ;)

Follow Flouster at:

No comments:

Post a Comment