Sunday, May 3, 2015

Priorities


Somehow in the last couple months I have become "too busy".  I blame trying to distract myself from the art quilt I'm trying to make for Colin (see previous blog).  I started making a very simple quilt for my niece with the intention to make one for Nolan as well and give the quilts to them for Christmas or something.


Well, then I was asked to watch the kids for a few days while my sister was in the area for a grooming competition. So in my mind the deadline moved up from Christmas to April 22. Doable, but I don't seem to be able to take into count that I simply can't work on it EVERY day.  


So other projects were put on the back burner.  I didn't get Colin's quilt done mid-April like I was hoping, so now that is  being delayed even longer due to the beach quilt I have to have done for the store by mid May.  Top is done for that, but deadlines come up quick.  


The stupid thing is the kids weren't even expecting these quilts.  I really had no reason to place them in such a high priority.  But at least they were well received.



No comments:

Post a Comment