I accepted the challenge, as I know that t-shirt fabric is not the most fun material to work with. But it would be an adventure. My favourite part is always the designing. So I sketched out a plan.
I think you can see which one I took my inspiration from the most. I did not, however, choose to use other material for the accents and borders. I wanted to use as much of the t-shirts as possible so there was as little waste as possible.
I had a lot of fun with this project, although I feel like it has rather taken over getting anything else done with Flouster. I've been falling behind on blogs. I haven't made anything else since I started this except for helping a friend make a Velma costume for her little girl's skating recital. (Which she did fabulous at! I got to go and watch.) I haven't even posted all the items that I already have up on the Etsy website. I have, despite all this, been getting more hits on my Etsy page, though I highly credit adding custom engraved dog tags to my store for that... ...oddly enough.
I digress, after 133 pieces and approximately 55 hours of work, the t-shirt quilt is now finished. It is a good snuggle-up-on-the-couch size at 56"x64" and is loved by my friend, whom I made it for.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest